See also our COVID page for information pertinent to seniors during the COVID-19 Pandemic

Age UK

Doorstep Scams external-link

Aged Care Complaints Scheme

Phone: 1800 550 552
To complain about residential care services and community aged care packages.
To report suspected abuse within a residential aged care facility.

Dementia Australia & NRMA

Staying on the Move with Dementia (pdf to download)

Daniel Morcombe Foundation

Help Me Safety App external-link

FREE To assist people of all ages, from 7 to 97, covering all kinds of personal emergency situations!

Elder Abuse Prevention Unit external-link

Definition of types of Elder Abuse external-link

Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) external-link

Phone: 02 9219 7444 or toll free 1800 043 159
To complain about health care providers, eg mental health, public & private hospitals, GPs, psychologists, physios, ambulance, naturapaths, massage therapists etc.

Human Services external-link

Grandparent Advisers external-link
Phone: 1800 245 965. (FREE if you call from your home phone.)
Extra support for grandparents and non-parent carers with ongoing care for children.

National Aged Care Advocacy Line

Phone: 1800 700 600
Who can provide an advocate who can assist you, eg to make a complaint.

Neighbourhood Watch Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby

Our 20 Favourite Crime Prevention Tips for Retirement Communities external-link (pdf to download)
Our 20 Favourite Crime Prevention Tips for Seniors external-link (pdf to download)
Our 20 Favourite Crime Prevention Tips for Staff in Aged Care external-link (pdf to download)

Neighbourhood Watch W.A.

Crime Prevention Resources external-link – Our Communities: Senior Safety Brochure

NPS MedicineWise external-link

Medicines List (pdf to download)
The National Prescribing Service Hotline
Phone: 1300 633 424
They can talk to you about medication interactions, how medicine works, side effects etc.

NSW Elder Abuse Helpline & Resource Unit external-link

Elder Abuse Hotline
Phone: 1800 628 221

Elder Abuse Information external-link

NSW Department of Health

Medicine List (Medi-List – pdf to download)

NSW Justice – Public Guardian external-link

Capacity Toolkit external-link
To decide if a person has the capacity to make their own decisions

Guardianship Issues, Advocacy
Phone: 02 8688 6070 or 1800 451 510

NSW Ombudsman external-link

Phone: 02 9286 1000 or 1800 451 524
To assist you with complaints about agencies funded by the NSW Government, eg Housing NSW, NSW Trustee & Guardian, not-for-profit organisations providing residential or community based care.

NSW Police Force external-link

Next of Kin Register for persons living on their own
Confidential Registration Form (pdf to download)
Senior Safety Fact Sheet

Red Cross external-link

Telecross Daily Welfare Calls external-link

Roads & Maritime Services (RMS)

A Guide to Older Driver Licensing (pdf to download)
Are You Fit to Drive? external-link

Transport for NSW external-link

Mobility Scooters external-link
Staying Independent and Safe external-link
On the Road 65Plus – Staying Independent and Safe (pdf to download)