Emergency external-link

Plan for an Emergency- Bushfire external-link

Adshell external-link

To report a damaged bus shelter
Phone: 1800 501 402 (24 hour hotline)

Ausgrid external-link

To report a street light not working external-link
Or to report fallen or damaged poles

Phone: 131 388
To report fallen power lines

Australian Red Cross external-link

Disaster Preparedness external-link

Australian Government Civil Aviation Safety Authority external-link

Drone Rules (Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA)) external-link
Information, resources, links and safety brochures
Can I Fly There? App external-link

Australian Government – National Recovery & Resilience Agency

Australian Warning Systemexternal-link

Community Justice Centres external-link

To resolve neighbour disputes, such as noise, fencing, trees, dogs etc

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) external-link

Advertising Materials external-link (what, where, who, litter, penalties, etc.)
Report to the EPA external-link (icon can be added to mobile’s home screen for easy access)
Report to EPA external-link
Report Illegal Dumpingexternal-link (Online)
Phone: 131 555
To report: littering from vehicles, illegal dumping, smoky vehicles, noisy exhaust.
Note: Report cigarette butts via NSW Rural Fire Service – see below
Public Registers external-link, eg Pesticide Licences, Contaminated Land, Penalty Notices, etc.

Local Government Authority (LGA, Council)

Find your Local Council external-link

To report illegally dumped rubbish, phone your Council’s Waste Hotline
To report loud noise
To report water pollution
To report an abandoned shopping trolley
To view the offensive noise restrictions (eg when noise from air-conditioning systems, power tools, etc should not be heard)
To view street sweeping information (eg illegality of leaf-blowing into gutters)

Neighbourhood Watch Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby

Our 20 Favourite Crime Prevention Tips concerning Fire Issues external-link (pdf to download)

NSW Government

Flood Clean-up Assistance and Advice external-link

NSW Government – Health external-link

Smoke-free commercial outdoor dining laws external-link
Bushfire smoke Fact Sheet external-link
Dealing with Mould external-link
Staying Healthy During and After Flood external-link
Mental Health Support After a Flood external-link

NSW Government Department of Planning, Industry and Environment external-link

What regulations apply to noisy construction? external-link
What can I do about Noise from a Loud Party?external-link
What can I do about Neighbours Playing Loud Music?external-link

NSW Government Department of Primary Industries

Where can I Hunt? external-link

NSW Government – SafeWork NSW

Quad Bikes & Side-by-side Vehicles external-link

NSW Fire & Rescue external-link

BBQ Fire Safety Community Fire Units (CFUs) external-link

Information Sheetsexternal-link
Including eg, Summer Fire Safety, Heaters and Open Fires, Chemical Safety & Storage, etc.

NSW Rural Fire Service external-link

Bush Fire Safety
Community ‘FireWise’ Groups (CFGs)

Assist Infirm, Disabled & Elderly Residents (AIDER) programexternal-link
A FREE one-off service – AIDER services can include: clearing gutters, thinning vegetation around the home, removing leaf and tree debris, trimming branches from close to the home, mowing or slashing long grass.
Phone: 02 8741 4955

Fires Near Me (Internet page) external-link
Hazards Near Me NSW – Android App external-link
Hazards Near Me NSW – Apple App external-link
Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSPs) external-link

Report a cigarette butt tosser – make an online report external-link
Phone: 1800 679 737
To report a lit, or unlit cigarette butt thrown from a vehicle

Total Fire Ban Rulesexternal-link

NSW State Emergency Services (SES)

Your Next Steps Towards Recovery from Floods and Storms Recovery Guide

School Security Unit (NSW)

Phone: 1300 880 021
To report any suspicious activity at a school during holiday periods and at weekends

SnapSendSolve external-link

Free APP that let’s you report issues to relevant authorities in Australia & New Zealand, such as illegal dumping, pavement issues, broken signage, vandalism, etc.

Sydney Forensic Cleaning external-link

Fire Damage Restoration

Note: Neighbourhood Watch cannot endorse a product or service. We can simply bring items to your attention. You must do your own research.