Animal Welfare League NSW

To report cruelty to an animal

Australian Reptile Park

Spider First Aid & Drop Off Points
Phone: 02 4340 1022

Backyard Buddies

When you see injured wildlife

Fourth Crossing Wildlife

How to Safely Remove a Joey from the Pouch

Hornsby Shire Council

Report Barking Dogs

Hornsby Shire Council Dog Ranger
Phone: 9847 6515

Lost and found pets

Hornsby Shire Council Dog & Animal Pound
10 Mulgrave Road, Mulgrave 2756
Phone: 4560 4644
Stray animals found by HSC rangers may be taken here.

Ku-ring-gai Council

Report Barking Dogs
Lost and found pets

Ku-ring-gai Council Dog & Animal Pound
180 Pennant Hills Rd, Thornleigh 2120
Phone: 9484 2166
Stray animals found by rangers may be taken here.

Neighbourhood Watch Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby

FAQ#12 – WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A COLLISION WITH AN ANIMAL? external-link (pdf to download)


What to do if you see a pet locked inside a hot car

NOTE: NHW cannot endorse a product or service – please do your own research

NSW Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry

Report a Pest or Disease Concern
Phone: 1800 798 636

NSW Department of Planning, Industry & Environment

Where can I take a Funnel-web Spider for Collection?

NSW Environment Protection Agency

Barking Dogs

NSW Office of Local Government

Pet registry
Allows a prospective buyer of a cat or dog to access important information about the animal and the breeder selling it.
I have a complaint about a nuisance cat – what should I do?
Dog Attack Reporting

Lost Pet Finders

(an example of a service available) Reuniting pets and their owners
NOTE: NHW cannot endorse a product or service – please do your own research


To report cruelty of an animal
Phone: 1300 278 3589
Report cruelty onlineexternal-link

To report an Animal Identification Breach in an advertisement online and offlineexternal-link

Sydney Wildlife Rescue external-link

Found an injured native animal?
Phone: 02 9413 4300

Help articles, eg
What should I do if I find an Injured Animal? What can I Feed the Birds in my Garden? What should I do if I find a Nestling/Fledgling Bird (that isn’t Injured)? Safe Netting of your Fruit Trees.

Wildlife Witness App external-link

Allows tourists and locals to easily report illegal wildlife trade

WIRES external-link  (NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc.)

Wildlife Rescue Assistance and Emergency Advice external-link
Phone 1300 094 737