000 (Triple Zero) Emergency

Phone: 000
For emergencies or urgent life threatening situations
Emergency for hard of hearing: TTY 106

Reporting Crime Leaflet – Explains how to report crime to Ku-ring-gai Council,
the NSW Police Force and other state government departments

Australian Federal Police

Child Sex Tourism – Suspicious Behaviour Report
Report a missing person

Australian Institute of Criminology

Commonwealth Government

Emergency Alert
National Telephone Warning System

Crime Stoppers

To provide crime information. It can be anonymous.
Phone: 1800 333 000

Hornsby/Ku-ring-gai Women’s Shelter

Interpreting & Translating Services

Phone: 131 450

Kids Helpline

Kids Helpline (aged 5 to 25) 24hr, 7days FREE
Phone: 1800 55 1800

Webchat councelling

LawAccess NSW

A free Government telephone service providing legal information, advice and referrals
Phone: 1300 888 529 (or TTY 1300 889 529) Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, excl public hols

Law Enforcement Conduct Commission

To report NSW Police Force misconduct or maladministration

Legal Aid NSW

Help for people with their legal problems, eg FREE advice, fact sheets & resources, help at court

Phone: 1300 888 529

Lifeline Australia

Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.
Phone: 13 11 14 (24hrs)

Mental Health Access Line

Phone: 1800 011 511

National Disability Abuse Hotline

Phone: 1800 880 052

National Security Hotline

Phone: 1800 123 400

Neighbourhood Watch Australasia

Phone: +61 428 377 901
Email: admin@nhwa.com.au
Address: PO Box 64, Spring Hill, QLD 4004, Australia.

Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) within Ku-ring-gai and Hornsby

NHW within Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby Facebook page
NHW within Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby Facebook Closed Group
NHW within Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby Twitter account

Email: NHWKuringgaiHornsby@gmail.com

To borrow an engraver, or UV pen for marking valuables
To borrow a stencil for painting driveway white lines, or a shredder
To request NHW window stickers, rego plate locking screws, etc.

NSW Department of Education

School Security Unit (NSW)

Phone: 1300 880 021
To report any suspicious activity at a school during holiday periods and at weekends

NSW Government

Emergency Services & Safety

NSW Graffiti Hotline

Phone: 1800 707 125 (Mon-Fri 9-5pm)

NSW Justice Dept

Victims Services and Support
Victims Access Line (VAL) NSW
Phone: 1800 633 063​ (8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri)

Restorative Justice Unit
The unit is the primary point of contact at Corrective Services NSW for people who are victims of crime.

NSW Police

Primary website for crime prevention advice in NSW.

NSW Police Assistance Line

For non-emergencies
Phone: 131 444

NSW Police Community Portal

Online reporting of non-emergency minor crime: lost property, intentional damage, graffiti or theft.
Note: Reporting only. Event Number issued. Expect no response from the Police.

NSW Police – Ku-ring-gai Police Area Command (PAC)

Hornsby Police Station, 292 Peats Ferry Road Hornsby 2077
Phone: 9476 9799

Hearing/speech impaired only: 9476 9731

Note: Ku-ring-gai PAC covers most of the Ku-ring-gai & Hornsby Shire council areas and includes Hornsby and Gordon Police Stations. Most personnel are based at Hornsby police station.

Ku-ring-gai PAC Crime Prevention Officer
Phone: 9476 9723
To ask advice, or to request a FREE safety audit of your home

Local Ku-ring-gai PAC Police Facebook page
Non-emergency two-way communication

NSW Police – North Shore Police Area Command (PAC)

Chatswood Police Station, 63 Archer Street Chatswood 2067
Phone: 9414 8499

Note: North Shore PAC covers some of the Ku-ring-gai council areas and includes Chatswood, Mosman and North Sydney Police Stations.

Local North Shore PAC Police Facebook page
Non-emergency two-way communication

NSW Police – Ryde Police Area Command (PAC)

Gladesville Police Station, 8 Victoria Road Gladesville 2111
Phone: 9879 9611

Note: Ryde PAC covers some of the Hornsby Shire council areas and includes Gladesville, Eastwood and Ryde Police Stations.

Local Ryde PAC Police Facebook page
Non-emergency two-way communication

NSW Rape Crisis Service

Phone: 1800 424 017 (24/7 Counceling)

NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS)

RFS Bush Fire Information Line
Phone: 1800 679 737 or 1800 NSW RFS
To find out if there is a Total Fire Ban in place.


Free APP that let’s you report issues to relevant local government authorities in Australia & New Zealand

Travelling Conmen Hotline

To report when you are approached by Travelling Conmen
Phone: 1300 133 408 (8:30am to 5pm, Mon – Fri)